What We Believe
- God’s Word: That the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God and the infallible, authority of faith and conduct (2 Tim. 3:15-17; I Pet. 1:21).
- The Trinity: That within the nature of the one true God there are three eternal persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Deut 6;4, John 1:1-14, Acts 5:4,5).
- Salvation: That all men are lost, and that salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, by the cleansing of sin and renewing of the Holy Spirit, being justified by grace through faith (John 3:3; Rom. 10:13-15, Eph. 2:8,9; Titus 3:5-7).
- Believer Baptism: That baptism in water is commanded in Scripture, and that all who repent and believe on Christ as Lord and Savior are to be baptized (Matt. 28:19; Acts 10:47, 48; Rom. 6:4).
- Communion: That the Lord’s Supper should be observed regularly (1 Cor. 11:24, 25).
- Holy Spirit Baptism: That the believer may receive the promise of the Father by allowing Jesus to baptize him in the Holy Spirit (Matt. 3:11; Luke 24:49; Acts 2:4).
- Spiritual Gifts: That the gifts, ministries, miracles, and other manifestations and operations of the Holy Spirit as described in Scriptures are still valid for the church today and are to be taught, expected and practiced today as the Spirit wills (1 Cor. 12 & 14; Eph. 4:11).
Of course there’s a lot more than this that we believe! But we find these truths to be essential to our faith community.